YOUTH AGAINST CANCER
Views from the Young and Emerging Healthcare Professionals
Process, Awards and rewards: Essays on any ONE of the topics listed below can be submitted online for evaluation. Top 25 participants will be invited to make a presentation at a one day symposium organized by Carcinogenesis Foundation USA and UCMS. The top 25 participants will have an opportunity to write a critical review article for consideration in peer reviewed journal Emerging Scientist (www.Emergingscientist.com). Publication in the journal will be subject to recommendation of the peer reviewers. Top three finalists, based on essay and the presentation, will receive a plaque and an invitation to attend the international conference organized by Carcinogenesis Foundation USA and ACTREC-Tata Memorial Hospital, in Mumbai from 11-13 February 2015. Travel allowance by train to Mumbai and back will be given. Top three participants will be named as Fellows of Carcinogenesis Foundation for one year starting September 2014.
Topics for the Essays:
- Strategies and policy initiatives required to eliminate tobacco and beedi consumption in India by 2030.
- Role of youth in eliminating lifestyle induced cancers in India by 2030
- How to foster health conscious families?
- Role of medical doctors, nurses and dentists in promoting cancer prevention concepts and strategies to the general public
- “If I were to be the Prime Minister of India, what would I do to initiate and implement cancer prevention policies”
Essays should be written in English, in approximately 1000 words and should reflect original thinking and be well articulated. The participants should strictly adhere to the word limit. Clarity in expression, error-free English and thought provoking original ideas will receive higher rating. The essays should be typed in single space with a margin of 0.5” on all sides, with no indent. The decision of the reviewers will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
There is no registration fees to participate in the competition. All questions should be directed to info@Carciknow.org or firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your essay online at http:///www.Carciknow.org/Evenstandactivities/Contests